Okanagan Powder Coating and Sandblasting
Aegis provides sandblasting and commercial powder coating services for companies in Kelowna, Penticton, Kamloops and the Okanagan. We offer cost saving rates with superior quality powder coating. Quality at a great rate is why so many companies rely on Aegis commercial powder coating.
The dominant reason companies rely on Aegis is our experience, expertise and knowledge of powder coating powders. Having the right powder is crucial for achieving a protective coating that meets and-or exceeds your specifications. It all starts with matching the powder coating properties for the intended usage, or application.
Powder coating is sprayed on metal materials that have an electrostatic charge. To make sure the powder coating bonds and adheres to the metal surface properly it is imperative the surface is clean. In addition to cleaning and sandblasting, some applications require a primer for a smooth, even surface. On materials that have already been sandblasted and transported for powder coating, we take an added step. We always give the material a quick blast to remove any surface contaminants from transportation, prior to powder coating.
Powder Coating Estimates
Our commercial powder coating facility includes in house sandblasting. Aegis also has commercial material handling. In addition, we have a full range of hi-tech testing equipment for verifying the results of your powder coating.
In order to provide an accurate quote need to know what material is being coated and the intended use the coating will be subjected to. Here are the salient questions needed to estimate the cost of powder coating:
- What type of material is being coated? Aluminum, stainless steel, hot-dip galvanized steel, die cast steel, cold rolled steel, hot rolled steel, etc.
- The weight of the material, or parts you need coated?
- Where is the powder coated material going to be used? Indoors, outdoors, both, underground, etc.
- What weather and corrosive environment will the powder coating be subjected to? Dry, moist, humid, high pH, low pH, immersed, seaside, temperature range, etc.
- What are your coating performance specifications? 1 month, 1 year, 5 years, 15 years, etc.
There may be other variables depending on the answers to the questions above. Either way, the coating experts at Aegis can provide you with an accurate quote.