Sandblasting and Powder Coating
Aegis provides powder coating to customers in Richmond, the Fraser Valley and Greater Vancouver. We provide sandblasting and powder coating services for metal fabricators, manufacturers and other companies that need the added protection offered with powder coating. Aegis has over four decades of experience in sandblasting and powder coating.
Our powder coating facility include cleaning and sandblasting. In cases where we receive material already cleaned and sandblasted, we always do a quick blast to remove any possible contaminants picked up during transportation. A clean metal surface is essential for coating powder bonding and adhesion.
For most metals we follow the SSPC (Society for Protective Coatings) cleaning specifications. For aluminum cleaning and preparation we follow the American Architectural manufacturers Association’s AAMA 2605 specifications.
Selecting the right powder coating powder can be a daunting task, unless you are working with powders every day. There are literally thousands of coating powders to choose from, each with their own properties. However, no need to panic, as an Aegis coating expert can guide you. All we need is the answers to 5 simple questions to determine the specifications for the appropriate coating powder:
- What type of material do you need coated? Aluminum, stainless steel, hot-dip galvanized steel, die cast steel, cold rolled steel, hot rolled steel, etc.
- What is the weight of the material you need coated?
- Where is the finished material going to be used? Indoors, outdoors, both, underground, etc.
- What environment will the coated material be subjected to? Dry, moist, humid, high pH, low pH, immersed, seaside, temperature range, etc.
- What are your specifications for coating performance? 1 month, 1 year, 5 years, 15 years, etc.